Luke Cormack was born and raised in South Africa. He worked in the Private Game Reserves and this is where his appreciation for all things wild began. After studying Film and TV, graduating Cum Laude he moved to London to hone his lighting and studio skills.Through the 25 yrs he’s been shooting he’s had the opportunity to work in some of the most extreme landscapes in the world. From Antarctica, jungles, mountains to the desert and everything in between.
At home shooting underwater, in the air, long lens, macro, movi or interviewing A-list celebrities, Luke will always hunt for the perfect image and have a good time doing it! He has won an Emmy Award for cinematography and has had the pleasure of working on many Emmy and BAFTA nominated shows
- Multi format experienced from mini cams, time-lapse, long lens, macro, Infra- red. Phantom 4K Flex trained, RED and ALEXA . All types of HD to 16mm film, on land and underwater.
- Shotover Operator/tech GSS Operator
- Sync and wildlife
- IRATA trained
- Phantom Operator/tech
- Underwater qualified 2000+ dives any camera format
- Hostile Environment trained
- Bases in UK, USA, S Africa
- Valid 0-1 Visa
Emmy award for cinematography in non- fiction programming 2010 ‘Survivor‘.
Cameraman ‘ Lost land of the Volcano‘ Panda Award 2010.
The Guild of TV Cameramen Awards – Camera Team Excellence in Photography ‘The Apprentice’ 2006
Emmy nominated for ‘Whale Wars’ 2011
24 time Emmy nominated cameraman for cinematography
< Back to people